#1 TashiaSerene

TashiaSerene

Ascetic Hero

• Citizen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,339 posts
  • Local time: 05:57 AM

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:25

League is really competitive so I was wondering if there was a way to have teaching games where winning wasn't really the goal?

Maybe a mentoring game where both teams keep a separate points system and mentors with mentees / students who improve the most get points?

or

games with other goals then taking towers etc... Like whoever farms the most gold gets points or gets the most creative kills with unique gear / builds...

or

a game where you control the enemy stratagy and the only way to win is by losing...

Yes these are horrible ideas I am just hoping someone with more LoL experience will have better ideas to post :-)
Posted Image

#2 Zao

Zao

Sacred Knight

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Local time: 10:57 PM

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:22

One of the best things to do to improve in the beginning is to play with bots and practice last hitting and just learning what each of the champs do.

Playing each of the champs at least a few times will give you a good idea of what each of them do and how to play against them or play with them.
When did we grow up and how can we stop?

#3 Spud

Spud

Exalted Knight

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
  • Local time: 08:57 AM

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:56

Doing practice games is actually one of THE best ways to improve.

Generally when my brother and I are waiting for people to come online, we will do a 1v1 as top laners/mids/adcs whatever we want to practice at the time and pretty much play until people are ready to go, or someone yields. It lets us practice meta game lane match ups, last hitting and poking against a real opponent.

Another interesting thing is setting the enemies team comp in a 5v5. Lets you pick your practice against the wombo combo, pick, dive, or protect the carry comps, whichever you want to practice against.

#4 Typhoon

Typhoon

Ascetic Templar

• Citizen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Local time: 08:57 AM

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:03

I used to train friends by simply doing laning phase 1v1s in custom games while talking them through the game in some sort of voice chat, emphasizing trading and CSing. It's both quick and educational, and is a great starting point for newer players.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 TashiaSerene

TashiaSerene

Ascetic Hero

• Citizen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,339 posts
  • Local time: 05:57 AM

Posted 24 March 2015 - 16:59

Ya, I guess I was just trying to think of team building exercises that would get people focused on team play and coordination without the stress and scramble for a win :-)
Posted Image

#6 Zao

Zao

Sacred Knight

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Local time: 10:57 PM

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:31

Yeah, me and my buddies used to practice vs bots, just working on things like coordinating ults and cc and whatnot. It's super helpful but it can be a bit boring.
When did we grow up and how can we stop?

#7 Aamin

Aamin

Enlightened Templar

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Local time: 06:57 AM

Posted 25 March 2015 - 20:15

Watching videos is a great way to improve too, learning tips and tricks for your champion, or just knowing what you're getting into before playing the champion in general. Some videos explain how to chain abilities that you might not get on your own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users