#1 Aamin

Aamin

Enlightened Templar

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Local time: 09:38 AM

Posted 12 January 2015 - 17:01

Hello and welcome to the League of Legends.The game's tutorial is a great help, but it just doesn't give the player enough knowledge to get a good start, So I am here to assist you.

^^Please note that this is an outdated guide, but it still works to give a basic idea of what the goal of the game, and some of the user interface is.

^^This guide is also out of date since we are in pre-season 5, but still very very useful.Here is a link to a reddit page which I also found very helpful. It has a limitless amount of information

.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is a promotion that gives you three free champions and skins.

Garen and the skin Dreadknight Garen:Follow their Twitter page and click the link below their icon on the right side of the page.

Tristana and Riot Girl Tristana:Follow their Facebook page to receive the skins, and follow the instructions on the link.Alistar and

Unchained AlistarFollow their Youtube Page to receive the skin be sure you are logged into the League of Legends website at the same time

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aamin's Starter Tips !

Disclaimer; I am not the best, nor do I claim to be. I think these tips are helpful for everyone in the beginning, but feel free to disagree with me.
  • Learn to play with a free camera [Press Y]. You'll be sorry later if you don't.
  • Use recommended builds until you know what the items are and what they do.
  • Research the champion before you buy them! Learn their skills and passives and what their recommended build is, watch a video on their gameplay! Doing this kind of prep will make your first time with a new champ much easier on both you and your team.

Edited by Aamin, 19 January 2015 - 18:38.

#2 notfreefood

notfreefood

God of SoV

• God
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts
  • Local time: 08:38 AM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:11

Actually it's ok to buy runes before you hit 20.  It's always been fine to buy T1 runes because they are so cheap, and I don't recall if this came in the last patch or if it's coming in the next patch but they are massively lowering the prices on t1 and t2 runes.
photobucket hosed my signature

#3 Aamin

Aamin

Enlightened Templar

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Local time: 09:38 AM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:08

They're not implementing that until patch 5.1. So for now the general rule still stands. They're too expensive for too little stat boost to be worth it. IP is better spent on saving for the better runes at level 20, and for champs and another rune page, at least until 5.1.

Edited by Aamin, 13 January 2015 - 05:09.

#4 notfreefood

notfreefood

God of SoV

• God
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts
  • Local time: 08:38 AM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:25

The cost for t1 runes is negligible - a couple of games at most would get you all you need to last to 20.

EDIT: oh and 5.1 is coming this week

Edited by notfreefood, 13 January 2015 - 12:15.

photobucket hosed my signature

#5 Typhoon

Typhoon

Ascetic Templar

• Citizen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Local time: 11:38 AM

Posted 19 January 2015 - 02:53

View Postnotfreefood, on 13 January 2015 - 11:25, said:

The cost for t1 runes is negligible - a couple of games at most would get you all you need to last to 20.

EDIT: oh and 5.1 is coming this week

Compounding on this, with S5 changes, junglers are hit mega hard in the earlygame(in terms of actual damage). T1 and 2 runes may not seem like much, but for junglers, it's not about doing a little more damage or having a little more defense, it turns into a question of "Can I survive clearing three camps, Yes or no?", and early runes make jungling possible for champions not named Warwick, Fiddlesticks, and Nunu.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: League of Legends, LoL, Starter Pack

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users