Jump to content


[Custom game] League of Immobility

House Ruleset

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Typhoon

Typhoon

    Ascetic Templar

  • Citizen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Local time: 11:49 PM
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queens, NY

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:02

Tired of watching Riven dashing everywhere? Did you waste half your HP bar chasing a Kalista that just seems to never quite be in range? Sick of Kassadin? Welcome to the League of Immobility, a house ruleset that removes all nonessential movement mechanics from play and in doing so, changes the meta completely. How do teams hard engage? Will poke comps rule this format? Will laning even stay the same? Try out this ruleset and see for yourself!

Type 1 - Limited: Limited attempts to remove all movement mechanics from the game. Players are allowed to purchase items that increase movespeed either passively or with active effects, but are not allowed to use the summoner spells Teleport, Flash, Ghost, or Heal.

The following champions are eligible in Type 1.


Anivia
Annie
Ashe
Brand
Cho'Gath
Darius
Heimerdinger
Karthus
Kog'Maw
Lux
Malzahar
Mordekaiser
Morgana
Nasus
Swain
Syndra
Taric
Varus
Veigar
Vel'Koz
Xerath
Zyra


Type 2 - Open: The Open format allows movespeed mechanics back into the game. Due to balancing, Summoners who choose Type 1 eligible champions while playing under this format are ALLOWED to pick ONE movespeed summoner spell(Heal or Ghost).

All Type 1 eligible champions are allowed under Type 2.


Blitzcrank
Cassiopeia
Dr. Mundo
Draven
Evelynn
Galio
Gangplank
Garen
Janna
Jinx
Karma
Kayle
Kennen
Lulu
Miss Fortune
Nami
Nunu
Olaf

Orianna
Rammus
Rumble
Ryze
Singed
Sion
Sivir
Skarner
Sona
Soraka
Teemo
Trundle
Twitch
Udyr
Vladimir
Volibear
Yorick
Zilean


Type 3 - Extended: In Extended, we introduce all the champions that previously had flash/dash style skills (and cross-map teleport mechanics), but they are NOT allowed to put any points into them(flash/dash skills are defined as any skill that allows one to escape a Jarvan IV Cataclysm wall). Said champions are NOT compensated for the inability to take a skill in any way, shape, or form. These allowances are NOT balanced, but simply meant as a way to let players use most of their favorite champions while still abiding by League of Immobility rules.

Type 2 Summoner spell balancing is also in effect here, any champion without built-in movespeed mechanics may choose to take one instance of heal or ghost.

Besides Type 1/2 eligible champions, the following are allowed in Type 3.


Aatrox - Dark Flight banned
Ahri - Spirit Rush banned
Akali - Shadow Dance banned
Alistar - Headbutt banned
Amumu - Bandage Toss banned
Azir - Shifting Sands banned
Braum - Stand Behind Me banned
Caitlyn - 90 Caliber Net banned
Corki - Valkyrie banned
Diana - Lunar Rush banned
Elise - Cocoon/Rappel banned - Venomous bite eligible due to inability to pass walls
Ezreal - Arcane Shift banned
Fiddlesticks - Crowstorm banned
Fiora - Lunge banned. Blade Waltz banned.
Fizz - Urchin Strike banned. Playful/Trickster banned.
Gnar - Hop/Crunch banned.
Graves - Quickdraw banned.
Hecarim - Onslaught of Shadows banned.
Irelia - Bladesurge banned.
Jarvan IV - Cataclysm banned. Players may choose to take either Dragon Strike OR Demacian Standard, but not both
Jax - Leap Strike banned
Jayce - To the Skies!/Shock Blast banned.
Kassadin - Riftwalk banned.
Katarina - Shunpo banned.
Kha'Zix - Leap banned.
Leblanc - Distortion banned.
Lee Sin - Sonic Wave/Resonating Strike banned. Safeguard/Iron Will banned.
Leona - Zenith Blade banned.
Lissandra - Glacial Path banned.
Lucian - Relentless Pursuit banned.
Malphite - Unstoppable force banned.
Maokai - Twisted Advance banned.
Master Yi - Alpha Strike banned.
Nautilus - Dredge Line banned.
Nidalee - Bushwack/Pounce banned.
Nocturne - Paranoia banned.
Pantheon - Aegis of Zeonia banned. Grand Skyfall banned.
Poppy - Heroic Charge banned.
Quinn - Vault banned.
Rek'Sai - Furious Bite/Tunnel banned. Void Rush banned.
Renekton - Slice and Dice banned
Riven - Broken wings banned. Valor banned.
Sejuani - Arctic Assault banned.
Shaco - Deceive banned. Don't abuse Hallucinate glitches please.
Shen - Shadow Dash banned. Stand United banned.
Shyvana - Dragon's Descent banned.
Talon - Cutthroat banned.
Thresh - Death sentence banned. Dark Passage banned.
Tryndamere - Spinning Slash banned.
Twisted Fate - Destiny banned.
Urgot - Hyper-Kinetic Positron Reverser banned.
Vayne - Tumble banned.
Vi - Vault Breaker banned. Assault and Battery banned.
Warwick - Infinite Duress banned.
Wukong - Nimbus Strike banned.
Xin Zhao - Audacious Strike banned.
Yasuo - Sweeping Blade banned. Last Breath banned.
Zac - Elastic Slingshot banned. Let's Bounce banned.
Zed - Living Shadow banned. Death Mark banned.
Ziggs - Satchel Charge banned.


Like it? Hate it? Please feel free to give comments and suggestions.

Edited by Typhoon, 15 March 2015 - 15:17.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 TashiaSerene

TashiaSerene

    Prophet of Neverwinter

  • Prophet of Neverwinter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,293 posts
  • Local time: 08:49 PM
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:I'm Lost

Posted 10 March 2015 - 17:40

This sounds like it might be good for me
.
.
.
.
.
Posted Image

#3 Zao

Zao

    Sacred Knight

  • Citizen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Local time: 12:49 PM
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pyeongtaek, South Korea

Posted 11 March 2015 - 16:40

Uuuh, to be honest it sounds a bit too complicated.

Maybe just limit the champs you can select to the first two champs and say no ghost/flash allowed.
When did we grow up and how can we stop?

#4 Ekosyde

Ekosyde

    Ascetic Knight

  • Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • Local time: 04:49 AM
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Infront of my PC

Posted 11 March 2015 - 22:14

There should be a additional teir imo of champs which can affect the move speed of others, for example, Sure, Riven can dash and jump around, But Sivir can speed up the whole team..

#5 Typhoon

Typhoon

    Ascetic Templar

  • Citizen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Local time: 11:49 PM
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queens, NY

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:42

View PostZao, on 11 March 2015 - 16:40, said:

Uuuh, to be honest it sounds a bit too complicated.

Maybe just limit the champs you can select to the first two champs and say no ghost/flash allowed.

Not sure what the complication is, but essentially:

Type 1 - No flash/dash champions, no movespeed champions
Type 2 - No flash/dash champions
Type 3 - Flash/dash mechanics not allowed (you can take the champion, but you can't level the skill)

The lists are just reference guides as to which champions are eligible.

View PostEkosyde, on 11 March 2015 - 22:14, said:

There should be a additional teir imo of champs which can affect the move speed of others, for example, Sure, Riven can dash and jump around, But Sivir can speed up the whole team..

I'm mostly just not entirely sold on the difference between multi-speedups as opposed to personal speedups. Putting movespeed in at Tier 2 was already accepting that it honestly shouldn't be that much of a problem. The difference between dashes and speed has always been the amount of counterplay available, and regardless of how many people run at you at the same time, teams based with these formats in mind often have significant options when it comes to counterplay against just being ran at.

Edited by Typhoon, 13 March 2015 - 08:56.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Aamin

Aamin

    Enlightened Templar

  • Inactive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Local time: 08:49 PM
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 March 2015 - 23:10

I'd say that the third tier is too much. with zed you'd only have 2 of his skills, and he'd be pretty much useless.

There are also a couple on your list for type 1 that have a move mechanic.

Darius is allowed, but Nautilus is not? If pull mechanics are allowed, then what about mechanics that pull you to the enemy? Amumu and Leona? They cant be considered dashes like Rivens or trynd's cause you have to land a skill shot for them to work.

In tier 2, blitzcrank, singed, skarner and volibear included, but not thresh. Blitz can pull the enemy over walls, singed flings people backward, skarner drags the carry into the enemy team, and volibear also flings people backwards. Thresh can only pull allies closer or throw himself to the enemy.

In tier 3 you have some champs without their movement mechanics banned, and others that have the same type of movement/gap closing mechanics as others that arent banned. The ones that aren't banned seem to be targeted spells, not just shots in the dark (not including darius' pull). All the ones on this list are either targeted movement, or movement mechanics that havent been banned.
Alistar - Headbutt is banned but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls, or vayne's condemn
Amumu - bandage toss banned but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls
Azir - shifting sands banned, but not his ult, which knocks back enemies a distance
Braum - Stand Behind me banned but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls
Lee sin- Q banned but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls, lee's ult not banned
Leona - Zenith blade banned, but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls
Nautilus - Dredge line banned but  not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls
Pantheon - Aegis of Zeonia banned, but  not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls
Poppy - Heroic Charge banned, , but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls
Quinn - Vault banned, , but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls
Rek'sai - Furious Bite/Tunnel banned, but not Void Rush?
Talon - Cutthroat banned, but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls
Thresh - Death sentence banned. Dark Passage banned,  but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls
Urgot - Hyper-Kinetic Positron Reverser banned, but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls
Vi - Assault and Battery banned, but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls
Warwick - Infinite Duress banned. but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls
Wukong - Nimbus Strike banned but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls
Xin Zhao Crecent Sweep not banned?
Yasuo - Sweeping Blade banned. Last Breath banned (both are for 'target enemy'), but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls

Edited by Aamin, 14 March 2015 - 23:11.


#7 Typhoon

Typhoon

    Ascetic Templar

  • Citizen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Local time: 11:49 PM
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queens, NY

Posted 15 March 2015 - 15:17

View PostAamin, on 14 March 2015 - 23:10, said:

I'd say that the third tier is too much. with zed you'd only have 2 of his skills, and he'd be pretty much useless.

There are also a couple on your list for type 1 that have a move mechanic.

Darius is allowed, but Nautilus is not? If pull mechanics are allowed, then what about mechanics that pull you to the enemy? Amumu and Leona? They cant be considered dashes like Rivens or trynd's cause you have to land a skill shot for them to work.

In tier 2, blitzcrank, singed, skarner and volibear included, but not thresh. Blitz can pull the enemy over walls, singed flings people backward, skarner drags the carry into the enemy team, and volibear also flings people backwards. Thresh can only pull allies closer or throw himself to the enemy.

In tier 3 you have some champs without their movement mechanics banned, and others that have the same type of movement/gap closing mechanics as others that arent banned. The ones that aren't banned seem to be targeted spells, not just shots in the dark (not including darius' pull). All the ones on this list are either targeted movement, or movement mechanics that havent been banned.
Alistar - Headbutt is banned but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls, or vayne's condemn
Amumu - bandage toss banned but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls
Azir - shifting sands banned, but not his ult, which knocks back enemies a distance
Braum - Stand Behind me banned but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls
Lee sin- Q banned but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls, lee's ult not banned
Leona - Zenith blade banned, but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls
Nautilus - Dredge line banned but  not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls
Pantheon - Aegis of Zeonia banned, but  not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls
Poppy - Heroic Charge banned, , but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls
Quinn - Vault banned, , but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls
Rek'sai - Furious Bite/Tunnel banned, but not Void Rush?
Talon - Cutthroat banned, but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls
Thresh - Death sentence banned. Dark Passage banned,  but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls
Urgot - Hyper-Kinetic Positron Reverser banned, but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls
Vi - Assault and Battery banned, but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls
Warwick - Infinite Duress banned. but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls
Wukong - Nimbus Strike banned but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls
Xin Zhao Crecent Sweep not banned?
Yasuo - Sweeping Blade banned. Last Breath banned (both are for 'target enemy'), but not blitzcrank/singed/skarner/volibear/darius pulls


The simplest way I can answer this post is that you're mistaking movement mechanics on yourself for skills that displace enemy champions.

I want to reiterate that the intention here is to knock out flash/dash mechanics. As stated above: flash/dash skills are defined as any skill that allows one to escape a Jarvan IV Cataclysm wall," and you can't rely on the enemy players to knock you to safety.

Likewise, it's not just Zed that gets massively damaged by the Extended ruleset, MOST of the champions on the list are drastically weakened just by losing one or more skills. Extended exists because some champions are perfectly viable without the jumping around, and it would be a shame for them to eat a ban if you're willing to work around that. The list is just a ruling of which skills are NOT ALLOWED in the format, and it's on the PLAYER to decide whether they want to pick that champion or another. "Said champions are NOT compensated for the inability to take a skill in any way, shape, or form. These allowances are NOT balanced, but simply meant as a way to let players use most of their favorite champions while still abiding by League of Immobility rules."

Good catch on the Rek'Sai ult. I was waffling on whether to include cross-map teleports but ultimately decided that they too could be played as an escape. I got TF, Panth, and Shen, but missed this one.

Edited by Typhoon, 15 March 2015 - 15:20.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Aamin

Aamin

    Enlightened Templar

  • Inactive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Local time: 08:49 PM
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:17

I'd say let's try to get the first tier together on Saturday, the 21st at 5pm PST.

It will be blind pick style since we dont know if someone owns more than five of these, we'll do first tier only for simplicity's sake.

#9 Aarox

Aarox

    Sacred Hero

  • Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Local time: 09:49 PM
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lisle,IL

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:03

but but but i own them all

if we dont get enuff ppl i would like to do practice

Edited by Aarox, 20 March 2015 - 06:04.

Posted Image
If you would like to Follow to my Twitch it would help me out alot goto http://www.twitch.tv/aarox1

#10 Coel

Coel

    Shol'va

  • Shol'va
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts
  • Local time: 10:49 PM
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Texas

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:12

This seems interesting. I'd like to participate, I should be home in time to join.

#11 TashiaSerene

TashiaSerene

    Prophet of Neverwinter

  • Prophet of Neverwinter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,293 posts
  • Local time: 08:49 PM
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:I'm Lost

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:26

Just a reminder because we have new people popping in a lot lately:
  • No illegal activity
  • Harassment / Hate Speech will not be tolerated. Violation of this rule will get you permanently banned.
  • Always ask if you are going to record video or audio. *Ask every time
  • Try not to be a douche.
***Hate speech is speech that offends, threatens, or insults groups, based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or other traits.


If you bring a guest, explain the rules or don't QQ when they get banned Mkay? If you need a reminder the rules are all in the welcome guest topic, they are on the channel descriptions and they are in every Mumble / Teamspeak post on the forum.

Edited by TashiaSerene, 23 March 2015 - 12:31.

.
.
.
.
.
Posted Image




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users