#1 Imposter

Imposter

Kai-na-mite

• Kai God
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,927 posts
  • Local time: 08:02 AM

Posted 20 September 2016 - 04:22

It's been a long time since we held a tournament/contest of any kind in Rappelz.

So it got me thinking about one of the old SoV Games I held in WoS when I was serving as God. It's stored somewhere, but I think it was called PvP Level-Up free-for-all, where everyone created a fresh character, and you had free range to go PK the other level 1s, or gain some levels and out power the competition, with the last person standing the winner. It was the favorite out of the 4 I held during my term. We also held a tournament way, way back when the Rappelz  branch opened that was most of us at R2 and R3 in a tournament style that was really fun.

I realize WoS and Rappelz are two different beasts. What if we held a  tournament consisting of R3, R4, or R5 in the death match arena, or a designated, isolated place in the world with PK on, or even just duels. People who die can stay dead till the last person is standing wins or something.

I know people like showing off their super decked out 170+, but lots of people can just dominate that way. If it's limited to R3-R5, then we can showcase some strategy and skill in order to win.

Suggestions?

#2 TashiaSerene

TashiaSerene

Prophet of Neverwinter

• Prophet of Neverwinter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts
  • Local time: 06:02 AM

Posted 20 September 2016 - 05:52

If this can be a one day event (or maybe 2 one day events - one to make the toons and get instruction on gameplay and another to fight) I'll share it with the NW branch and help try to organize it into a big event :-)

Get people who've never played it to make a new toon, we all go into noob tutorial mode while they wrap their heads around it then finish up with the combat arena :-)

That's my idea anyways

Others?
Posted Image

#3 TheCasIsReal

TheCasIsReal

Enlightened Hero

• Citizen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Local time: 02:02 PM

Posted 22 September 2016 - 06:54

Thats a very interesting idea that you guys are cooking here. The question here would be how many people we could get to participate.
Snarky Moron who doesn't give a crap..

#4 TashiaSerene

TashiaSerene

Prophet of Neverwinter

• Prophet of Neverwinter
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 09:38

To find that out i'd have to send an in game mail asking. With regards to NW we could include allies if no one minds. That might bring in more :-)

Take one day to download and give people a tour / tutorial and have a the tourney the next day? Or even 3 tourneys in 3 time zones depending on numbers and interest.

Hawk used to host something similar. Fight Night i think it was called.
Posted Image

#5 TheCasIsReal

TheCasIsReal

Enlightened Hero

• Citizen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 15:55

The problem is the new people not familiar with the game would have a huge disadvantage against the experienced players like you and me.
Knowing all skills and how they work and also knowing what skills your opponent has is again different.

Edited by TheCasIsReal, 22 September 2016 - 15:55.

#6 TashiaSerene

TashiaSerene

Prophet of Neverwinter

• Prophet of Neverwinter
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 17:24

meh at low levels you don't have much advantage at all especially if you make the ttoons on new accounts
Posted Image

#7 TheCasIsReal

TheCasIsReal

Enlightened Hero

• Citizen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 19:16

Alright if you say so. Mark my words when someone like Hesa or Persian or me rolls over people with knowledge. It will be a sad sad day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users