#1 delurfangs

delurfangs

Enlightened Hero

• Citizen
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Local time: 11:28 AM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:48

Hey everyone! Today I am bring you a guide to setting up ACT for Neverwinter. For those of you that has never used ACT it a tool that reads the combat logs for Neverwinter and breaks down all of your stats letting you see how effective your build is in raw numbers and nice graphs so you can see what needs tweaking, what is broken or bugged, and what your doing right or wrong. so to get started;

Step 1: Download ACT from http://advancedcombattracker.com and install it.

Step 2: Download the Neverwinter plugin from https://github.com/n...nter-ACT-Plugin and copy it into your ACT program folder on my computer this is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Advanced Combat Tracker.

Step 3: Open Act and you will see this :

Posted Image

Step 4: Click on the plugins tab and click on Browse. Navigate to where you saved the Neverwinter plugin and double click it. Then click Add/Enable Plugin.

Step 5: Click on the options Tab and open neverwinter. In  the Chat windows type "/Combatlog 1" and hit enter to generate your first combat log then go hit something real quick to make sure you can find the combat log.

Step 6: Back on Act in the options tab click on open log and find where neverwinter saved the combat log. On my computer with neverwinter installed though ARC it is saved in C:\Program Files (x86)\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\logs\GameClient if you use steam it might be different just search for Combatlog.log and it will find it. double click the .log file.

Step 7: Now we want to change some other options so on the left hand side of ACT click on Selective Parsing and you will see:

Posted Image
Step 8: Make sure "Only Record Combat Actions Taken by/against listed" is checked type your characters name (it is case sensitive) in the Add/remove players box and click add. Repeat for any additional characters, party members or guild members you want to track.

Step 9: Click on the Main tab and now we have ACT set up and ready to use in the left had side it will show the encounters(2) or you can click on all (1) to see all the info since you started logging. To reset the logs Click on Clear Encounters(3) find your character(4) and click the plus sign to expand it.
Posted Image

At this point click though everything under your charactors name to see the stats its most self explanatory but if you have any questions feel free to reply to this post  or hit me up on Teamspeak and i will do my best to answer any questions.

**Disclaimer: I did not write any of the programs or pluggins used in this guide i am merely putting together some useful info.*******

#2 SerraKeto

SerraKeto

Ascetic Hero

• Citizen
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Local time: 10:28 AM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:35

Wow, this is awesome. I'll definitely check it out. Thanks!

#3 delurfangs

delurfangs

Enlightened Hero

• Citizen
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:57

Glad you found it useful!

#4 TashiaSerene

TashiaSerene

Ascetic Hero

• Citizen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,340 posts
  • Local time: 08:28 AM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 17:01

I also will be checking this out!!
Posted Image

#5 TheCasIsReal

TheCasIsReal

Enlightened Hero

• Citizen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Local time: 04:28 PM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 21:38

This seems like a 3rd party program, and by definition it is bannable offense and a lot of games have detection for it so be careful everyone.
Snarky Moron who doesn't give a crap..

#6 delurfangs

delurfangs

Enlightened Hero

• Citizen
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 03:24

You are right it is a third party program. But I have never heard of anyone in any game being banned for ACT since it never touches the client or data files. The only file it touches is the .log file that you could open in notepad and look though. But I messeaged /u/stumslinger (neverwinter community manager) for clarification and will let you know when I hear back.

#7 CantSeeMe

CantSeeMe

Knight

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Local time: 05:28 PM

Posted 14 November 2015 - 03:44

I've seen the output before and wondered how someone did it.

Was one of the GWF build guides I looked at. Doubt its bannable Heari.

Thanks for the guide, I will certainly be checking it out.

#8 notfreefood

notfreefood

God of SoV

• God
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:39

It seems to function just as a very fancy spreadsheet.  Since MW provides a log file for you to write to then I'd expect it to be legal.
photobucket hosed my signature

#9 CantSeeMe

CantSeeMe

Knight

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:08

Finally got around to using this, although I'm confused as to why it didn't record everything.
Is there a way to log everything? I'm thinking "/combatlog 1" overwrites itself?

Did a dungeon before, I was the only original person left in it. (Who else stays for 2h 21m right...)

Posted Image

Combat tracker only seemed to log 84m of that damage.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Taking out the non-damage things and the lostmauth set, I got the following numbers:

Avg Hit: 33,519
Amount of Hits: 2,370

#10 delurfangs

delurfangs

Enlightened Hero

• Citizen
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:44

At work now but I will take a closer look at this later and see what I can find out for.

#11 delurfangs

delurfangs

Enlightened Hero

• Citizen
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 05:44

Sorry cantseeme for taking so long to get back to you. the only thing i can think of that would make the numbers vary by that much (other than the pluggin being so far out of date and updates to neverwinter breaking the parsing of the log file) would be since it was a long time you spent in there how do you have it set to break up encounters. by default it starts a new encounter after X seconds of no combat actions so my guess is the stats your looking at is only part of he dungeon. i am getting ACt installed back now and will test it on my TR and Pally and see how far off it is for me and see if it compares. i will also look for a more up to day plugin (but no promises on that i had a hard enough time finding this one lol).

Update: on the options tab under Maintable /Encounters  tap on general and make sure number of seconds to wait after the last combat action to begin a new encounter" is unchecked and then tap on encounter culling  and make sure nothing is check on here so that it does not delete any logs while you are playing. then if you want to have separate encounters back on the main tab when you finish a section you can click End encounter at the bottom and it will start a new encounter and you dont have to worry about old encounters being culled. If you are very low on ram careful that you dont run like this for hours without manually clearing encounters as the ram usage could start to get unmanageable.

Edited by delurfangs, 08 May 2016 - 06:00.

#12 CantSeeMe

CantSeeMe

Knight

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:04

Hey man, no need to apologise! :)

I've made the changes, that you listed above and I shall let you know in a couple of weeks if it works. (I'm off on holiday/vacation first thing in the morning and heading off to bed shortly).

I don't expect RAM to be an issue - Assuming it doesn't load previous things when you open it back up into the RAM. Even then, I expect it would take a while for me to notice since I have 32GB of it.

Fingers crossed it works as this is an incredible tool hehe.

#13 delurfangs

delurfangs

Enlightened Hero

• Citizen
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:06

Ok cool I will be testing it as well.  I did not expect ram to be an issue for you but someone who is already between 95-99% usage just running the game could have issues.

#14 TashiaSerene

TashiaSerene

Ascetic Hero

• Citizen
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 13:34

It's amazing. This guide and Misrek's Dungeon guide are almost tied for views

very popular topics!

You two need to write more guides lol :-)
Posted Image

#15 kalli

kalli

Heathen

• Heathen
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Local time: 07:28 PM

Posted 18 February 2017 - 21:42

Great guide, thanks for putting it together!

#16 delurfangs

delurfangs

Enlightened Hero

• Citizen
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 14:19

thanks! glad you liked it !

#17 SwordofArtemis

SwordofArtemis

Worshipper

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Local time: 12:28 PM

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:37

This seems easy enough for even me to figure out! :) I've been gone for awhile from NW (with adult life stuff). But this will get me squared away with testing builds. Thanks for the guide!

#18 delurfangs

delurfangs

Enlightened Hero

• Citizen
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 15:06

no problem ping me on here or in teamspeak or in discord if you have any issues and i will  be glad to help out.

#19 TashiaSerene

TashiaSerene

Ascetic Hero

• Citizen
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 12:11

I swear this is everyone's favorite guide ever
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users